Sunday, September 2, 2007

Introduction

My name is Andrew Clayton. I am a Junior at Clemson University majoring in Economics. I chose to come to Clemson because my dad is a professor at the university, and I grew up always wanting to be a Tiger. I was born in Houston, Texas, however, my family moved to South Carolina when I was two and one-half years old. I attended high school in Greenville, South Carolina at Christ Church Episcopal School. My primary interests include playing sports such as volleyball, racquetball, soccer, basketball, and ultimate Frisbee. For the past two years I have worked as a Resident Assistant for university housing. I have worked with the living learning community, Clemson Business Experience in Benet Hall for incoming freshmen business students. I have found the job to be extremely rewarding and a great way to meet a ton of new people every year. I hop to either use my college degree to attend graduate school, after which, I hope to either work in international business, or teach at a university. I am minoring in Spanish, not only do I love the language, but I feel it will also be useful to be bi-lingual should an opportunity emerge for me to facilitate international business transactions. I am looking forward most this year to the Clemson football and soccer seasons, as well as intramural sand and indoor volleyball. I am also an avid guitar player, and actively play with a group of friends. Together we form an unofficial garage band, and we cover all sorts of modern rock and alternative music. I have had the privilege of visiting many other countries, traveling to physics conferences overseas with my family enabled me to experience many different international locales. I think this traveling greatly encouraged my desire to integrate international relations into any form of business I might pursue. I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend as much as I am, and I'm sure I'll see some of you out enjoying the pre-game festivities tomorrow. GO TIGERS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My daughter's basketball team plays Christ Church, I believe. Do you ever remember playing Tamassee-Salem?